One of the fiercest warriors this realm has ever known.
The Avengers and politics:
- Tony - Tony is an American patriot, and a billionaire weapons manufacturer whose greatest achievement was to ‘privatise peace’. He’s a Republican.
- Steve - the Constitution is the be-all and end-all for Steve, and he is devoted to principles of individual liberty. He went to sleep a Republican and woke up a Democrat, but as Captain America he’s conscious that it wouldn’t be right to involve himself in politics.
- Bruce - he’s an environmentalist with a lot of conflicted feelings about the colour green. He would canvas for Obama but he can think of one way that could go very very wrong.
- Thor - Asgard practices a form of feudalism, with a ridiculously unconstrained absolute monarchy. Thor is a feminist, not necessarily along stronger lines than the others but on Asgard it shows and he’s fine with that. Democracy still leaves him confused.
- Clint - he hates to invite the Robin Hood comparison, but Clint is very invested in helping the less well-off, especially after his rough childhood. He’s fought the mob on behalf of the tenants in his housing estate, and is proudly left-wing.
- Natasha - she was raised in a communist mode of thought, but after all the Soviet Union put her through she was all to happy to leave it all behind. She doesn’t really talk about politics, but still. She votes.
“And morality is such a subjective, trifling thing, is it not my brother?”
Inspired by Thorki fanfic “I’ll be yours”
Journey into Mystery #645
So I was watching The Road to El Dorado again
Then they sat down, had some cocoa, ate that banana loaf, and bitched about Thor the whole evening through.